The design-in service is intended for larger OEM customers who
already use or know our network connectivity technology and want us to integrate
the technology into their own product. Either on the PCB of the product itself
or as a standalone accessory.
Typical examples for design-in requests are:
- Integration of ID1021
electronics on PCB of own product.
- Customized version of the ID1021 module. (other
microcontroller, more/less memory, custom I/O, other form-factor, etc)
- Customized version of the NCS040x
boxes. (more/less/other external interfaces, custom housing, add-on I/O
Usually the reasons why customers prefer a design-in above the
ready-to-use Necoso products are:
- Saving space. Only one PCB instead of two.
- Avoiding the connectors that are otherwise required
between OEM PCB and the Necoso network connectivity module.
- Realizing the most economical solution by stripping all
not used functionality/components.
- Being independent as to the placing of the external interfaces for network and host.
- Being independent as to customizing/scaling the software,
hardware and/or mechanics.
- Being independent as to the logistics of the hardware
When Necoso offers customers to do the whole design-in for
them, this may include one or more of the following aspects:
- Hardware design/adaptation
- Component & supplier selection
- PCB design
- Mechanical design (for boxed versions, standalone
- Adaptation of firmware (= internal software of the
network connectivity module)
- Writing of customer specific applications and
- Writing documentation (user manual, installation manual,
- Realization of hardware/software tools for testing.
- Test and integration.
- Realization of hardware/software tools for production.
(loading software, configuring, production testing)
Necoso has the knowledge, experience and facilities to perform
the complete design-in for you. We can do this either at your office location in
close cooperation with your engineers, or as an in-house project at our own
Necoso can offer the design-in service on a per-hour basis or
on a per-project basis, which ever suits you best.
The Necoso network connectivity technology is made available
either on royalty basis (price per copy) or on buy-out basis (price per
design-in) and may include source code or an escrow arrangement.
contact us for more information about our design-in services.